Welcoming the newest member of your family into your home is an exciting time. To make sure that your kitten finds her new surroundings comfortable, follow a few basic kitten care essentials.
• Bring the kitten into her new room and let her discover it on her own
• If you have other pets, try to keep them away for the first few hours
• Place your kitten in her litter box first thing in the morning, last thing at night, and after meals
• Leave kitten alone when you think she is ready for a nap
• Introduction to family, friends and other pets should be gradual—and, of course, shouldn’t be forced
• Leave the door to her room slightly open so she can come and go at will